Ben Wallace gets a hard foul from Artest (probably not even a technical) and retaliates. The result of which seems natural... a bench clearing brawl that ends with Artest flat on the scorers table and eventually expanding into the stands and fist fighting with the fans themselves. You really need to see the video to understand the full extent that the game spirals out of control (I know it's a bit long, but fully worth the watch). Needless to say, the game was called before the rest of the 45.9 seconds could play out.
The result of the brawl ended in the following suspensions:
- Ron Artest - 86 total games
- Stephen Jackson - 30 games
- Jermaine O'Neal - 25 games, reduced later to 15
- Ben Wallace - 6 games (HOW IS IT THIS LOW?!)
- Anthony Johnson - 5 games
- Reggie Miller - 1 game
- Chauncey Billups - 1 game
- Derrick Coleman - 1 game
- Elden Campbell - 1 game
And that is the history of (Metta) World Peace.