Here are my notes from the Cavs warm up session during the home opener:
- Blatt has Varejao working on corner 3s. The shot definitely isn't there yet. Wild Thing isn't consistent and the mechanics are ugly. But it seems like he might get there. Wonder if this is something that we'll see in game at some point.
- When Varejao finally hits a corner 3, he runs off the court like Larry Bird winning the 3-point contest.
- The new TV is fucking huge. FUCKING HUGE.
- LeBron isn't attacking warm ups like he did in 2010. Maybe he's trying to conserve energy for the game, maybe his back was more of an issue than we knew, maybe the weight loss isn't as much of a good thing as we all thought it was. Maybe it's nothing.
- There is a palpable buzz in the crowd for this game. You can almost touch the buzz. It's infectious.
- Kevin Love doesn't hit anything during the first half of warm ups. Gets me worried.
- Kevin Love hits everything in second half of warm ups. Not worried anymore.
- Shawn Marion's shot is ugly as hell in person. Yes, it's ugly on TV. Yes, it's ugly on 2K. But in person, that thing is horrendous. I don't know anyone that I've ever played pick up ball with that had THAT awful of a shot. But hey, whatever works.
- I definitely thought Joe Harris was a ballboy. Or that a ballboy was Joe Harris. I still...can someone post a picture of Joe Harris?